There are so many ways to enjoy winter, celebrate Christmas, and even mark the solstice in San Diego. Caregivers, home care aides and loved ones can play in the snow, glide on the ice, make s’mores, drink mulled wine and time with Santa! So get ready to enjoy all the winter fun in in San Diego this month!
Ice Skating and Snow
- Skating By The Sea: Hotel Del Coronado, through January 6, 2019.
- Skate on a rink overlooking the ocean. Don’t forget to reserve a spot by the fire at the rinkside lounge for snacks and hot drinks. Be sure to check days and hours before heading over.
- Tickets: $30 person online/in advance, $35 a person rinkside. Proceeds benefit Make-A-Wish San Diego.
- The Hotel del Coronado on Facebook and Twitter
- The Rady Children’s Ice Rink: Liberty Station, through January 6, 2019
- Skate on a rink at Liberty Station. An ice-skating rink. In San Diego!
- Tickets: $15 for adults, $13 for children. Skates and helmet rental included. Group, military and multi-visit package discounts available. Proceeds benefit the Rady Children’s Hospital’s Peckham Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders.
- The Rady Children’s Hospital on Facebook and Twitter.
- Magical Snow with Music and Lights: Village Walk at EastLake, through Christmas Eve.
- Believe it! It snows in San Diego, if you’re at the Koi Pond at the Village at Eastlake at 6pm and 7pm. Enjoy music, lights, caroling, and amazing photo opportunities through Christmas Eve.
- Tickets: Free! Includes free ‘magic’ snow viewing glasses for kids
- See the snow fall on the shopvillagewalk.com website.
Fun Family Christmas Activities
- Bernardo Winery: December 19 through December 22, 4pm – 9pm
- Winter Wonderland at the Fairmont Grand Del Mar: December 19 through December 30, 3pm – 8pm
- Family Friendly Christmas Night: The Westin Carlsbad Resort & Spa, December 20, 5pm – 8pm
- Featuring photos with Santa, s’mores roasting, cookie decorating, a Christmas scavenger hunt, spiked and traditional hot cocoa flights, and holly trolley rides.
- Tickets: Free!
- The Westin Carlsbad Resort & Spa on Facebook
- Garden of Lights: The San Diego Botanic Garden, December 19 through December 30
- Featuring local bands, food, hot coffee and treats from local businesses, and food trucks, plus holiday crafts, spin art, marshmallow roasting, visits with Santa (through Dec 23), and a nutcracker display. And on selected evenings hot mulled wine, snow for sledding, and beer.
- Tickets: $10-$25, be sure to check all the dates, times and prices before heading over
- The San Diego Botanic Garden on Facebook and Twitter
And even more Christmas fun at some San Diego icons!
- Winter Solstice Drumming Celebration, December 20
- San Diego Holiday Lights Tour, through December 23
- Christmas Tea at the Westgate Hotel, December 21 – 23
- The San Diego Civic Youth Ballet’s The Nutcracker, through December 23
- 10th Annual Nutcracker Holiday Tea, December 23 & 24
- Fairmont Grand Del Mar Drive-In Movie Nights, December 20 & 27
- Merry Grinchmas: The Art of Dr. Seuss Collection, through December 30
- Birch Aquarium Seas’n’Greetings, through December 31