This weekend there are so many fun things to do all over San Diego. Foodies can enjoy Asian street food in the Convoy District in Kearny Mesa, along with music and vendors of all kinds from the neighborhood. Nature lovers can learn about birds and birding skills in Mission Valley, compete in a biomimicry scavenger hunt in the San Elijo Lagoon, and spend a family fun day learning about Wildlife Corridors. And in La Jolla, seniors can be-bop in their socks at the Hawaiian Prom at the JCC. Caregivers, home care aides and loved ones will all find somewhere to have fun this weekend in San Diego.
Fans of design and invention will love the Biomimicry Nature Tour at the San Elijo Lagoon Conservancy in #CardiffByTheSea this weekend! If you’ve ever wondered how on earth someone came up with Velcro, an expert from Biomimicry San Diego will explain all that, along with a scavenger hunt, fun game, and nature drawings!
- When: June 24th, 10am-12pm
- Where: San Elijo Lagoon Ecological Reserve, 2710 Manchester Avenue, Cardiff by the Sea, 92007
- Tickets: $5 for members; $10 for non-members [https://www.sanelijo.org/biomimicrytour]
- More info: San Elijo Conservancy on Facebook | on Twitter
Brush up on your Birding Basics at the Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor’s Center in #MissionValley. Step up your ‘nature’ game with five simple techniques that will help you “identify birds at a glance.” Bring your field guide so the experienced birder and trail guide instructor can show you all the tricks and hacks.
- When: June 24th, 1pm
- Where: Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor’s Center, 1 Father Junipero Serra Trail, San Diego, CA 92119, Classroom A
- Tickets: this class is FREE and open to the public!
- More info: Mission Trails Regional Park on Facebook | on Twitter
The Third Annual San Diego Night Market in #KearnyMesa: a showcase of food, clothing, and entertainment inspired by the night markets found in large cities around Asia.
- When: June 24th, 4pm-midnight and June 25th 3pm-9pm
- Where: The Convoy District, Kearny Office Park, 8304 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92111
- Fast-pass ticket including parking $7
- General admission tickets $3 at the door
- Children 12 and under are free
- Parking/ Shuttle Access will be $5 Cash On-Site
- More info: SD Night Market on Facebook | on Twitter
The Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center in #LaJolla is throwing a Hawaiian Paradise Senior Prom this weekend! RSVP by June 23rd to the JCC Senior Department (858-362-1141) and sport your best island couture at the dance. Music, food, and fun prizes await all singles and couples who want to get their hula on!
- When: June 25th, 2:00-5:00pm
- Where: Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS, 4126 Executive Drive, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Tickets: $15 for non-members; $11 for JCC members
- More info: San Diego Jewish Community Center on Facebook | on Twitter
The San Elijo Lagoon Ecological Reserve located between #Encinitas and Cardiff By The Sea is hosting a Wildlife Corridors Family Day over Fourth of July Weekend. Nature detectives of all ages will learn about nature, science and how animals move through the human world through arts & crafts, hands-on science, and a chance to earn a Junior Ranger Badge!