About Us Test
Why We Are Different
Business with a Conscience
- We believe in doing well in business while doing good for the community we serve. Our company was founded on the principle of service – service in the homes of our clients, and service to our community which trusts us with providing care to their loved ones.
- We form strategic community partnerships that create jobs and empower self-sufficiency, volunteer our time in the community, donate to charitable organizations that are important to our clients, and provide free training to family caregivers.
Innovative Home Care Solutions in the Modern Age
- Providing care at home has been done since the beginning of time, but we utilize the most up to date technology to allow clients to maintain their independence for as long as possible.
- Using tools such as tele-health monitoring, real-time online client monitoring, paperless back end processes and care plans, immediate two-way mobile communication with field staff, and telephony just to name a few; we stay ahead of the technological curve in every way possible using mobile solutions. Even across the globe, family members have the ability to see what tasks have been completed in real time. Not only does it allow us to provide better care, but it allows us to run a greener business.
Employee Screening Taken to Another Level
- We use a third party leader in pre-employment screening that identifies candidates who match characteristics of the industry’s best caregivers. This personality and behavioral assessment consists of 270 questions to determine dependability, integrity, and even tendencies toward violence and substance abuse.
- In order to be the best, we are selective. We hire only a select few that walk through our doors. From background screening to drug testing to reference checks, we do our homework. Learn more about our extensive screening and selection process on the Why Casa? page.
- Not only are Home Care Aides trained, but they are also tested and learning is measured. It isn’t acceptable to read and sign and call that training. Evidence of training is needed, and it needs to be in writing.
- We work in an industry where you will often hear about caring for the whole person. As such, the training provided to Home Care Aides not only trains the mind, but also the heart. Training that touches mind, heart, and soul will have an impact on outcomes and care because it affects beliefs, attitudes and behaviors. Music, stories and images are tools to training the whole person, and these tools are incorporated into every course we invest in. Our investment in training to our Home Care Aides means a better experience for our clients.
- Even more, not only do we train our own staff, but we also provide free online Family Caregiver Education Program Training as a service to our community.
48 Hour Home Care Aide Guarantee
- If at any time within the first 48 hours of care you are not satisfied with your Live-in Home Care Aide for any reason, just call us and your care will be absolutely FREE!
- It’s an offer that’s unheard of in our industry. At Casa Companion Homecare Solutions, we’re so confident that we can match your needs with one of our Home Care Aides that we will guarantee it!
No Hourly Minimums
- After you have made a few phone calls to home care companies, you will learn that virtually all of them have a minimum requirement to meet a certain number of hours per day and/or per week (often a minimum of 4 hours per day or 20 hours per week). At Casa Companion Homecare Solutions we don’t believe in dictating how much care you need. Whether you need two hours per day or 24 hour around-the-clock care, the level of service is completely your choice, not ours.
- You are in control of your own care. With our clients taking the lead on what care should be, our mission is simply ‘to provide extraordinary care and service in the comfort of home so that clients can maintain their independence, and their families and care providers have the time to focus on what’s most important – each other.’
24 Hour Availability and Emergency Response
- Emergencies happen after 5 pm, and we are in an industry where unfortunate situations can never be predicted or expected. During a crisis, it is imperative to have immediate attention and assistance, which is why we are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Our vision is ‘to bring contentment to those we serve in the community by becoming the foremost customer-centric home care company in San Diego with a reputation for delivering remarkable experiences.’ That begins by being there, when you need us, ready to serve.
Who We Are
Casa Companion Homecare Solutions was formed due to a lifelong ambition from its Founder and Managing Director, Christine Davies, to provide a service to the community that will have a positive impact on the lives of others. Christine’s desire was to build a business with a social conscience that has a higher purpose of connecting back to the people of our community, not merely to earn a profit. With this as the energy driving our business, the company is steadfast in our commitment to do right to all we serve – from our awe-inspiring employees who dedicate their lives to providing care, to our remarkable community partners, and our wonderful clients and their families who trust us with providing care at the most vulnerable time. Our success is measured by more than the financial bottom line – our calling is to fulfill our mission and vision guided by our principles:
People. Passion. Pride. Purpose.
Having personal experience with both hired and family caregivers caring for loved ones, and seeing the many rewards and challenges that face family caregivers, Christine decided to make her passion for service into her business. That same commitment to service lends Christine to be involved in multiple community organizations, including, at one time, Board of Director positions with San Diego Human Resources Roundtable and Dress for Success San Diego.
Christine holds a Master’s degree in Human Resources from Chapman University, a Bachelors in Sociology with an emphasis on Social Problems from San Diego State University, and has also obtained her SPHR designation and is a Certified Senior Advisor. Prior to starting Casa Companion Homecare Solutions, Christine oversaw Human Resources practices for the North American division of a global publicly traded company. Her passion for service, organizational development and performance is driven by over 10 years of experience in business, human resources development, recruitment, and operations management.
MVP Performance – Mission, Vision, Principles
Our team will perform like MVPs because we are empowered by, and held accountable for exemplifying the Mission, Vision and Principles (MVPs) of Casa Companion Homecare Solutions.
Casa Companion Homecare Solutions offers piece of mind by providing extraordinary care and service in the comfort of home so that clients can maintain their independence, and their families and care providers have the time to focus on what’s most important – each other.
To bring contentment to those we serve in the community by becoming the foremost customer- centered and community-focused home care partner in San Diego with a reputation for delivering remarkable experiences.
Everything we do in pursuit of achieving our mission and values is guided by the following principles:
- People – we are committed to the fulfillment of our employees, community partners and clients
- Passion – we love to bring contentment with our actions and our passion will show in our enthusiasm, in how we treat others, and in our dedication to service
- Pride – we will exhibit honest, ethical and high quality work that will gratify others, providing a source of esteem and respect
- Purpose – we do this work for the deep significance of providing care and impacting lives, ultimately making a difference in our community